Gone are the days when one had to rush to the cyber café for a mere soft copy, today, all people are progressing towards digitalization at an enormous pace which, therefore, makes it necessary to have tools like this in our home and workplace itself. Where more to look for a printer when Cãnon is a leading manufacturer? Cãnon has been established as a multi-product company for quite many years now and when it has a wide range to offer its customers, there are no doubts while purchasing a Cãnon printer. If the company name wasn’t enough, Cãnon also made sure that everything comes handy to its customers. The set up of your Cãnon printer is made to be effortless and user-friendly via IJ.Start.Cãnon. Setting up is a necessity for enjoying the mind-blowing services of your Cãnon printer device; thankfully, it can conveniently be performed through multiple options like WiFi, USB, and Bluetooth on Windows, Android, and iOS including Mac, iPad, and iPhone devices.
Easy Steps for Cãnon Printer Unboxing and Hardware Setup
Unboxing and hardware set up imply removing the outer packing of your printing device and plugging it in. IJ.Start.Cãnon Printers have a variety of other components that need to be set up for the printer to commence the working process. These components include B and C cartridges, ink, etc. In the packaging of your printer, you will receive ink cartridges, the printing device, user manuals, and the B and C cartridges.
Hardware setup refers to setting up the physical components of the printer to make it functional. To perform hardware installation of your Cãnon printer, trace out these simple steps:
- After unwrapping your printer, you would notice certain prominent orange tapes used for sealing various pockets of the printer. Remove all these sealing orange tapes. Make sure you open the machinery of your printer and remove the orange tape covering the machine’s head, too.
- The next step is to open the cartridge box by pushing down the two blue buttons at the centre inside the printer box to put in the B and C cartridges in their respective attachments. Ensure that you remove the orange tape and tickers off of the cartridges before fitting them in.
- Close the cartridge box and push down the blue buttons again.
- In the bottom left corner inside the printer’s box, a vessel for holding the black ink is provided. Open the lid of this vessel and fill only black ink inside it. Make sure you put the rubber lid back on it.
- In the bottom right corner inside the printer’s box, vessels for holding yellow, blue, and pink colored inks are provided. Follow the same procedure as in step 4 to fill in the inks. Make sure you put every colored ink in their respective vessel only.
- Close the printer’s box and plug your printer into a power outlet and hold down the power button on the printer to switch it on.
- Press the stop button on the printer as the power LED stops blinking.
- If the flash button remains blinking, there is an error in your physical set up, check and try again.
- Give the printer 5-6 minutes to transfer the ink into its head. After this is completed, the LEDs on the printer stop blinking and your hardware setup is successful.
Print on IJ.Start.Cãnon
Like every new device, the first step after unboxing and installing the hardware is to set up the Cãnon printer.
To set up your Cãnon Inkjet Printer, follow these steps:
- Switch on a device and open an updated web browser like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari on it.
- Launch IJ.Start.Cãnon on the web browser by typing it in the address bar.
- Locate and click on the ‘Set Up’ icon amongst the various options displayed on the home page of IJ.Start.Cãnon website.
- As you click on it, you will be redirected to a new window.
- The next step is to type in the model number of your Cãnon printing device manually or by using the ‘Select’ option to choose your model number from the drop-down list.
- After entering your model number, the setup steps specific to the model number entered will display. Use these steps to carry out the procedure of setting up via IJ.Start.Cãnon.
How to Set Up your Cãnon Printer through IJ.Start.Cãnon?
The terminal step in setting up your Cãnon printer is basically, setting the parts of printers and your preferences according to what you expect from your printer. After this step, your printer will be ready to satisfy all your printing needs in a matter of a few clicks and touches. The instructions for the Quick setup of your Cãnon printer are given on IJ.Start.Cãnon –the official website for Cãnon.
To set up your Cãnon printer, trace out this procedure:
- Plug your printer into an electric outlet and switch it on by holding down the power button on the printer. The power LED will flash a green light on successful power on.
- Stack up the paper trays of your printer with the sheets of your choice. Make sure your paper is not too small for the printer and its edges are not folded while loading as this could cause paper jam.
- Open the ‘Printer Driver Setup’ window. There are two ways to perform this:
- Via the application software in use-
- On whatever software you are using, open its ‘Print’ command and select your printer model.
- Then, click on ‘Preferences’ or ‘Properties’ to open the ‘Printer Driver Setup’ window.
- Via the Printer icon- This option is usually chosen for performing machine maintenance functions like printer head cleanse or configuring a printing profile.
- For Windows 8, go to ‘Settings’-’Control Panel’-’Hardware and Sound’-’Devices and Printers’.
- For Windows 7, go to ‘Start’-’Devices and Printers’.
- For Windows Vista, go to ‘Start’-’Control Panel’-’Hardware and Sound’-’Printers’.
- For Windows XP, go to ‘Start’-’Control Panel’-’Printers and Other Hardware’-’Printers and Faxes’.
- Right-click on the name of your printer model and then, select ‘Printing Preferences’ from the Menu to display the ‘Printer Driver Setup’ window.
- Go to ‘Commonly Used Settings’ on the ‘Quick Setup’ tab and select the suitable printing profile.
- After doing so, the additional features, media type, and print paper size are set to default values.
- Select the print quality for your printer by choosing High, Standard, or Draft.
- Having fed in all your preferences, click on ‘OK’ to print according to the updated settings.